Friday, March 20, 2009

Make Money at Home on the Internet

I listen to talk radio all day while I work as a freelance writer and keep hearing hearing this ad from the "Hawaii Beach Bum". All you have to do is follow his process and you can be a millionaire too!

Results not typical.

This form of a get rich quick scheme is just as bogus as the old addressing envelopes scam in the days when snail mail was the "in" thing.

A year or so ago, my wife floated the idea of us attending a free-lunch seminar at a swanky Galveston hotel. The topic was internet marketing and on-line stores, something I've been doing for quite a while, so we went.
MakeBeer.net - Sure beats stamp collecting!
Bottom line, they were selling turn-key, pre-fab on-line stores for roughly 20 times what my hosting service charges. The audience was mostly made up of retirees and they were eating this stuff up.

I raised my hand and asked why they didn't address organic SEO and content webs; how can they demonstrate success without these techniques? Needless to say, the huckster didn't field any more of my questions. Real questions were clearly cutting into his bottom line.

My pet project is my home improvement site which I've been steadily developing for almost a year. That's my way of saying constantly adding real content.

Sometimes I get on the first page of a Google search, sometimes not. What I'm saying is that success does not come overnight and the fact that high-tech scam artists are out there is really a bur under my saddle. Yee ha.

Yes, you can make money from affiliate marketing and product sales, but it's like anything else, it takes time and hard work.

Visit to Read Free Home Improvement and Repair Articles

No comments: