Friday, November 6, 2009

Wall Sconces Add a Classy Lighting Touch


Cookie cutter homes are rather straightforward and boring. That's the bad part. The good part is that it leaves the door open for customization. The stark white walls beg for color, the carpet's got to go, and the lighting needs to be individualized

I'm fond of wall sconces because they blend in and stand out all at the same time. Recently I was checking some at Premier Lighting and really found a lot that would look good in my home when I remodel the living room.

I was particularly taken with the Calavera Two Light Bath Bar. I know it says bath, but about four would go great in my living room plan. Since it uses two lights, it's possible to use smaller wattage bulbs but still cast light to a wide area for accent. Awesome.

The trickiest part of installing sconces is running the wiring. A lot of people work themselves to death getting the job done. So how is it done? Simple; use a fish tape to draw the wires down between the wall studs through a hole that the fixture will conceal. There you go; now you've got my secret!

Many thanks to my sponsor, shoppremier.com.

No comments: