Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Choosing Tools for Christmas Gifts



I know, I know; we haven't even had Thanksgiving yet so why talk about Christmas? Well, it's hard to fight the tide. Walmart is displaying plastic trees and decorations from China already. But why focus on tools for holiday presents?

Well, for one thing, if you have a woodworker or home repair type person to gift, pssst! Something for their hobby will earn you more gratitude than a pair of socks or soap-on-a-rope. And it's practical during this recession.

Got Power Tools?

Yesterday I posted an article on power tool gifts. There's always one more on the list. He with the most tools when he dies wins! OK, that's a bit morbid, but it's true.

Rockler Gift CardRockler Gift Card
For the woodworker that has everything.Give the gift of choice with a Rockler Gift Card. Let your favorite woodworker choose from thousands of products from Rockler.

Rockler Gift Card


Sometimes for maximum accuracy only a certain tool will do the job easily. The Rotozip is one example. My Ryobi biscuit joiner is another. I can't tell you how many times I struggled with making dowel joints line up on complicated woodworking projects.

What if You're Looking for a Stocking Stuffer?

Yeah, we're all on tight budgets. But there's always highly useful and appreciated stocking stuffers guaranteed to delight on Christmas morning. How about a Magnogrip? I just did a Magnogrip review a few weeks ago.

I don't always do reviews on all the new products I'm approached about, but if I think they will benefit my readers here and at my main site (thanks for visiting so often and commenting, dear readers!), I'll go for it.

Another good choice in this category are the materials for making workshop woodworking jigs. What woodworker doesn't enjoy making his or her jigs?

Anyhow, now I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving. I'm smack dab in the middle of training for the Houston Marathon, so I can eat with abandon and a total lack of guilt...

Want to get timely but not annoyingly frequent home improvement news and tips? Brilliant! Sign up for my newsletter at subscribe@icanfixupmyhome.com. Important: If you don’t get the confirmation email in a timely fashion, check your spam and/or junk folder and add listserv@icanfixupmyhome.com to your address book.

Why? Because some email clients filter out unknown domains. Ouch. Meanwhile, visit my main site by clicking on the banner below.


Visit to Read Free Home Improvement and Repair Articles

No comments: